Your water heater is an integral part of your Texas home. From breakfast to bath time and everything in between, you rely on your water heater to perform reliably day in and day out without much thought. But what happens when your water heater suddenly stops performing as it should?
That’s where we come in! Here at O’Bryan Plumbing Services, we understand how frustrating and inconvenient unexpected water heater needs can be. If you are experiencing issues, it’s imperative to call a trusted, reputable professional for repairs as soon as possible. This prevents your water heating system and home from sustaining further damages that will be costlier to repair.
Signs You Need to Repair Your Water Heater
Water heater breakdowns and repairs often happen without warning. And there’s nothing worse than waking up to a cold shower and a water heater on the fritz! But, with a diligent eye and a trusted professional, you can catch potential issues before they turn into major problems.
Here are some of the most common signs you can look for to tell if you may need to repair your water heater.
- Age – Your water heater’s age will play a huge role in its efficiency and performance. If your water heater is more than 10 years old or needs frequent repairs, it may be time to consider other options.
- Unusual Noises – As your water heater ages, sediment and debris will build up inside your system. As the system heats and reheats the water within, this sediment will harden and begin to move around, which may cause rumbling and other unusual noises.
- Rusty Water – If you turn on your faucets and see rusty water, it’s a good indication that the inside of your water heater has rusted. It’s important to call for water repair services as soon as possible to avoid further damages and significantly higher repair costs.
- Signs of Leakage – Visible signs of water accumulation around your water heating system is a strong indicator that you need to repair your water heater. It’s important to call a professional for water heater repair as soon as possible to avoid extensive and costly damages to your home and system.
Expert Water Heater Repair in Carrollton, TX
For over 35 years, O’Bryan Plumbing Services has been helping residents throughout Plano, Allen, and Carrollton, TX with comprehensive plumbing and water heater services. We’ve worked hard to earn our esteemed reputation in the area and are honored to serve our friends and neighbors with the highest quality workmanship and unrivaled customer service.
To determine the problem with your water heater, we’ll go through a specific checklist depending on if your water heater is gas or electric.
POTENTIAL ELECTRIC WATER HEATER PROBLEMS
For electric water heaters, we’ll test the elements and remove them if they are malfunctioning. We’ll look specifically at the screw in, bolt in, and clamp in. We’ll then install replacement parts to get your system functioning properly.
If the heat elements do not have issues, however, the problem may be with the thermostat, electrical circuit, or cutoff switch. We’ll test for these issues, as well as hard water.
POTENTIAL GAS WATER HEATER PROBLEMS
When troubleshooting a gas water heater, you’ll want to turn the gas pilot control valve to “pilot” for safety reasons before any repairs are attempted. In order to locate and repair the problem, we’ll:
- Check the gas pilot flame and pilot operation
- Retighten, reposition, or replace the gas thermocouple
- Replace the gas pilot control valve
- Check for the proper flame from the burner
- Replace a sacrificial anode rod with a magnesium anode rod
- Remove sediment by flushing the water heater
- Replace the temperature and pressure relief valve
For your convenience, you can schedule your services online or give us a call at 972-727-6364 today!
Is O’Bryan Plumbing Services Near Me?
Our family-owned plumbing company proudly provides water heater repair in the following cities: Allen, Carrollton, Fairview, Frisco, Garland, Lucas, McKinney, Murphy, Parker, Plano, Richardson, Sachse, and Wylie.