Your water heater is an integral part of your Texas home. From breakfast to bath time and everything in between, you rely on your water heater to perform reliably day in and day out without much thought.
It’s important to perform routine water heater maintenance, but what happens when your water heater suddenly stops performing as it should?
That’s where we come in! At O’Bryan Plumbing Services, we understand how frustrating and inconvenient unexpected water heater needs can be.
If you’re experiencing issues, call a trusted, reputable professional for repairs as soon as possible. This prevents your water heating system and home from sustaining further damages and needing more expensive repairs.
Common Reasons You Need Water Heater Repair
Water heater breakdowns and malfunctions often happen without warning. And there’s nothing worse than waking up to a cold shower and a water heater on the fritz. With a diligent eye and a trusted professional, you can catch potential issues before they turn into major problems.
Here are some of the most common signs that you may need to repair your water heater.
- Age: Your water heater’s age plays a huge role in its efficiency and performance. If your unit is over 10 years old or needs frequent repairs, it may be time to consider other options.
- Unusual noises: As your water heater ages, sediment and debris will build up inside. As the system heats and reheats the water, this sediment will harden and begin to move around, which may cause rumbling and other unusual noises.
- Rusty water: If you turn on your faucets and see rusty water, it’s a good sign that the inside of your water heater has rusted. It’s important to call for water repair as soon as possible to avoid further damage and significantly higher repair costs.
- Signs of leakage: Visible signs of water around your water heater is a strong sign that you need repairs. It’s important to call a professional for water heater repair as soon as possible to avoid extensive and costly damage to your home and system.
For more about our water heater repairs in Allen, Plano, or Carrollton, call O’Bryan Plumbing Services today.
Repair for Tankless, Gas & Electric Water Heaters
To determine the problem with your water heater, we’ll go through a specific checklist depending on whether your water heater is gas or electric.
Tankless Water Heater Repairs
If you notice issues with your tankless water heater and need repair or replacement, call O’Bryan Plumbing Services. We provide repairs for tankless water heater issues, including:
- Ignition failure
- Flame failure
- Mineral buildup
- Air supply or exhaust blockage
- And more
Gas Water Heater Repair
When troubleshooting a gas water heater, you’ll want to turn the gas pilot control valve to “pilot” for safety reasons before any repairs are attempted. To locate and repair the problem, we’ll:
- Check the gas pilot flame and pilot operation
- Retighten, reposition, or replace the gas thermocouple
- Replace the gas pilot control valve
- Check for the proper flame from the burner
- Replace a sacrificial anode rod with a magnesium anode rod
- Remove sediment by flushing the water heater
- Replace the temperature and pressure relief valve
Our Electric Water Heater Repair Process
For electric water heaters, we’ll test the elements and remove them if they’re malfunctioning. We’ll look specifically at the screw-in, bolt-in, and clamp-in. We’ll then install replacement parts to get your system functioning properly.
If the heat elements don’t have issues, however, the problem may be with the thermostat, electrical circuit, or cutoff switch. We’ll test for these issues, as well as hard water.
Expert Water Heater Repair in Carrollton, TX
For over 35 years, O’Bryan Plumbing Services has been helping residents throughout Plano, Allen, and Carrollton, TX, with comprehensive plumbing and water heater services.
We’ve worked hard to earn our esteemed reputation in the area and are honored to serve our friends and neighbors with the highest quality work and unrivaled customer service.
For your convenience, you can schedule services online or call 972-727-6364 today.