Are You Upgrading to a Tankless Water Heater? Call O’Bryan Plumbing Services at 972-727-6364 to Schedule a Water Heater Retrofit Today.
Conventional water heaters provide a limited supply of hot water before they need to refill and reheat the water. This can create problems for larger families or homes with multiple appliances in use at the same time. If you would like to avoid running out of hot water during the middle of a shower or a washing machine cycle, a tankless water heater may be the ideal upgrade for your home.
At O’Bryan Plumbing Services, we offer tank-to-tankless water heater retrofit services throughout Plano, Allen, and the surrounding areas. Our licensed, expert plumbers can perform all the steps necessary to remove your outdated tank water heater and replace it with an energy-efficient, tankless water heater that offers a nearly unlimited supply of hot water. We have more than 35 years of professional plumbing experience, and we are happy to help with all your home plumbing needs, from faucet and fixture installations to water heater replacements.
What Are the Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater?
Upgrading from a conventional storage tank water heater to a tankless model may cost a bit more than a simple water heater replacement, but it can offer several great benefits, including:
- Virtually unlimited hot water – When installed properly, tankless water heaters can provide a nearly unlimited supply of hot water. This enables your family to take back to back showers and to operate multiple appliances without running out of hot water.
- Reduced energy usage – According to the U.S. Department of Energy, tankless water heaters can be up to 34 percent more efficient than standard models, reducing your utility costs and your environmental impact.
- Long service life – If maintained properly, tankless water heaters can last significantly longer than conventional tank models.
To learn more about the benefits of upgrading to a tankless water heater, contact our team today!
Tankless Water Heater Retrofit Services
There are several key differences between tankless water heaters and conventional tank models that require special attention during a tank-to-tankless water heater retrofit. These include:
- Gas requirements – Because they heat large volumes of water quickly, tankless water heaters require a high energy input, albeit for a relatively short time. As such, the home’s existing natural gas or propane systems will be assessed for adequate gas service. In some cases, the home’s gas service may need to be modified to adequately service the new tankless water heater.
- Venting – For tankless water heaters powered by gas or propane, a new combustion vent and fresh air intake will need to be installed, as the existing flue system will often be incompatible.
- Location – Tankless water heaters are much smaller, and do not necessarily need to be installed in the same location as the original tank, allowing for greater flexibility.
- Hot water demand – A tankless water heater must be sized properly to meet the demands of the home, but when done correctly, a nearly unlimited supply of hot water is possible.
At O’Bryan Plumbing Services, our experts will take all these factors into account to provide a professional, energy-efficient tankless water heater installation.
When you are ready to upgrade your water heater, trust our experts at O’Bryan Plumbing Services.
Call us at 972-727-6364 or schedule an appointment online for a tank to tankless water heater retrofit!