Some things are best left to the professionals — and clearing and cleaning drains are among them! A clear, functional plumbing system is a critical part of your home. Having a toilet that flushes, a sink that drains, and a garbage disposal that removes waste is something many of us take for granted. But when these parts of the home have a blockage, it can create a frustrating disruption. Left untreated, it can become a serious and costly problem.
At O’Bryan Plumbing Services, we’ve seen and fixed all kinds of clogged drains! Call today if you’ve noticed the following drain problems in your home:
- Slow sink and shower drains
- Drain pipe cleaning
- Clogged garbage disposal
- Blocked drains
- Sewer line clogs
If you’re having these issues, there may be buildup that needs professional attention. Thankfully, a pipe cleaning is only a call away!
Warning Signs of a Clogged Drain
Although it’s easy to look up “how to unclog a drain,” the actual task itself is best left to a professional plumber. Not only can our team quickly remedy any clogs or issues, we have years of experience to ensure the job gets done right. Some signs you may need to call for professional drain cleaning include:
- Gurgling noises. A properly functioning toilet shouldn’t make noise when it’s not in use. If you notice a gurgling sound coming from the toilet after using any water in your house, it could be an early sign you have a sewer line problem.
- Slow drains. If just one drain in your home is slow, it’s likely the only one that needs attention. However, if all the drains in your home are draining slowly, there could be a clogged sewer line. This could be the result of a grease buildup, or we’ve even seen tree roots be the culprit!
- Rotten smells. Let’s be honest, some not-so-pleasant things go down your home’s plumbing system daily. But it’s not normal for any stinky smells to linger! A professional drain cleaning service will help remove the foul odor and any buildup that may be causing it.
You’d be surprised what sorts of things can make their way into your pipes and cause a blockage! From leaves and dead branches outdoors to paper products and hair indoors, these culprits can block the flow of your drain and lead to serious problems. A good pipe cleaning at your Allen, TX home can fix the problem and keep potential water damage out of your home!
Don’t let a clogged drain in Richardson, TX ruin your day. Call O’Bryan Plumbing Services at 972-727-6364 as soon as possible to prevent major issues!
DIY Tips for Clearing a Clogged Drain
Sometimes, all your plumbing system needs is a little TLC that virtually any homeowner can provide. However, when it comes to using snakes and chemical concoctions to clean drains, it’s best to leave the heavy-duty jobs to a professional. These methods can actually end up doing more harm than good if you’re not careful. For everything else, you can try one of these homeowner hacks before contacting your trusted O’Bryan plumber:
- Boiling water. Hot water can help clear the path in your drain. Simply boil a pot of water and send it down the affected pipes to break up the blockage.
- Vinegar & baking soda. If hot water didn’t do the trick, you may want to break out the vinegar and baking soda. Use equal parts of each, mix together thoroughly, and send the mixture down the drain to remove the clog.
- Plunger. This should be the first weapon of choice when combatting a clogged toilet. However, you can use a plunger to try and remove a clog in your sink, bathtub, and other plumbing fixtures. Ensure there is some standing water over the drain in order to create the right amount of suction, then plunge to your heart’s content (or at least until the clog is gone).
One of the best ways to avoid a clogged drain altogether is by taking some precautions ahead of time. Keep the clogs at bay by using the prevention tips below:
- Keep hair, food, and other debris from entering your drain with a screen trap for your kitchen sink or shower drain.
- Ensure all food is carefully scraped from any dishes before placing them in your sink.
- Never place grease or oil down the sink.
- Only flush toilet paper and human waste down the toilet — never sanitary napkins, paper towels, personal wipes, or any other paper products that are not degradable.
When all else fails and the DIY attempts aren’t doing the trick, it’s time to call in a team of trusted professionals to get the job done. O’Bryan Plumbing Services can provide the expert assistance your home needs to remove clogs from your drains once and for all.
If you’re experiencing a clog that simply won’t go away, contact the plumbing professionals at O’Bryan Plumbing to schedule service today!
Plano Plumbers for Drain Cleaning Services
Since 1982, O’Bryan Plumbing Services has been providing high-quality drain cleaning services in Plano, Allen, and the surrounding areas. Our plumbing services are completed by experienced, courteous plumbers in Plano with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee!
Contact us today at 972-727-6364 to schedule drain cleaning in Plano, Allen, North Dallas, Carrollton, or the surrounding areas.
O’Bryan Plumbing Service Area
Our family-owned plumbing company proudly serves Collin County and Dallas County including the following cities: Allen, Plano, Richardson, Dallas, McKinney, Frisco, Lucas, Fairview, and Garland.