Many businesses in Allen and Plano are built on concrete slab foundations, with all the plumbing and drain systems incorporated into the concrete when the foundation is poured. While this process is ideal for this area’s temperate weather, it can present problems when a leak in the plumbing occurs. It can often take a long time for the problem to be discovered, and because the pipes are encased in or under concrete, repairs can be difficult.
At O’Bryan Plumbing Services, we have extensive experience locating and repairing slab leaks in commercial buildings. We offer commercial plumbing repair throughout Plano, Allen, McKinney, Murphy, Fairview, and the surrounding areas. Our local plumbers offer a variety of innovative leak detection and repair options that can reduce your repair costs, keep damage to a minimum, and get your commercial property back to work faster.
For cost-effective commercial slab leak repair in Plano, Allen, North Dallas, Lucas, Carrollton, and the surrounding areas, call O’Bryan Plumbing Services or schedule online today!
Signs That You May Have a Slab Leak
When you have a leaking water supply line or sewer pipe in or under a slab foundation, it can be difficult to spot. Some of the most common indications that you have a slab leak include:
- Unusually high water bills or usage statistics
- A decrease in available water pressure or volume
- Dampness or pooling water on the slab floor
- Water-damaged carpets or wood flooring
- Moist drywall or insulation near the slab floor
- Cracks in the floor due to the expansion and contraction of water
- Mold or mildew growth
- Pooling water outside the foundation from a water leak
- Odors of sewage, mold, or mildew
Slab leaks can be caused by a number of factors, from the age of the pipes to shifting soil, foundation settling, poor drainage, or improper slab installation. If a slab leak persists, it can slowly wash away the soil from under the foundation, leading to structural problems and failures, cracked drywall, warped door frames, and more.
Commercial Slab Leak Repair in Plano & Allen
Depending on the location of the leak and the type of pipe, slab leaks can be repaired in a variety of ways. At O’Bryan Plumbing Services we have the equipment and experience to offer multiple commercial slab leak detection and repair options, including:
- Slab Penetration – Our experts can break up and remove the concrete to access and replace your water or sewer pipes, patching the concrete afterward. This is the most labor-intensive option, but it may be necessary in some cases, especially for fixtures located directly on the slab floor.
- Tunnel Access – Some slab leaks require tunnel excavation under the building to access the defective piping. This method is usually the least invasive as the majority of the work can be performed outside with minimal construction activity inside the building.
- Pipe Relocation – For water and sewer lines, it may be possible to abandon the leaking pipes and run new lines in a location that is easier to access.
Schedule Commercial Slab Leak Repair in Allen & Plano, TX
For fast, cost-effective commercial slab leak repair and leak detection services in the Allen or Plano area, look no further than our proven team at O’Bryan Plumbing Services!
Contact us today at 972-727-6364 to discuss your options for slab leak repair in Plano, Allen, Lucas, North Dallas, and the surrounding areas.